Here at The Law Offices of George Poulos, we understand how important it can be for those who’ve been injured on the job to obtain workers’ compensation benefits so they can receive the financial assistance they need to get back on their feet again. Our knowledgeable Bayside workers’ compensation attorney has assisted countless individuals who’ve fallen victim to workplace injuries for over 25 years, and he is ready to put that skill and battle-tested experience to work for you. Regardless of where you are in the process, whether you are looking to file your claim or you have recently been denied your initial claim, we are here to assist you. Please continue reading and contact The Law Offices of George Poulos to learn more about what our firm can do for you.
Our Legal Services
The Law Offices of George Poulos provides a wide range of services to all those who’ve been injured on the job, including the following:
- What is Workers’ Compensation?
- Who is covered?
- Filing a claim
- Workers’ Compensation Benefits
- Disability Classifications
- Occupational Diseases
- Third Party Lawsuits
- Claim Disputes
What to do After Sustaining a Workplace Injury in Bayside
When someone is injured in the job, as long as they are physically capable, it is imperative that they take swift action to document the incident. After sustaining a workplace injury, you should:
- Notify your supervisor of the accident.
- Call the police–they should document the incident and send an ambulance to the scene.
- Ask anyone who witnessed the accident for their name, phone number, and email address.
- Take pictures of the conditions that caused your accident, if possible.
- Seek immediate medical treatment and ask your doctor for a copy of all documentation/expenses associated with your injury.
- Retain the services of a knowledgeable Bayside workers’ compensation attorney.
Statute of Limitations
Every state has a statute of limitations in place, for both workers’ compensation claims and for third-party claims, which is why it is so critical that you file your claim in accordance with the statute of limitations. The statute of limitations for workers’ compensation claims in New York is two years, and the statute of limitations for third-party claims is, generally, three years.
Contact Our Experienced Bayside Workers’ Compensation Attorney
After sustaining a workplace injury, hiring an experienced Bayside workers’ compensation attorney can make all the difference. Our firm is ready to help you through every step of the legal process ahead, and we will use our decades of experience to your advantage. Contact The Law Offices of George Poulos today to schedule your initial consultation with our knowledgeable firm so we can get started.