New York Workers’ Compensation Rehabilitation Attorney
Helping NY clients acquire the benefits they deserve
If you are injured because of a work related accident, workers’ compensation will most likely help you on the road to recovery. One of the ways workers’ compensation can help a disabled worker is through various forms of rehabilitation services. Recovering to the best of one’s ability is the goal of workers’ compensation. Through rehabilitation, an individual may be able to get back to work to some degree. Rehabilitation services cover a wide range of issues. The four types of services available to a disabled person include vocational rehabilitation, selective placement, medical rehabilitation, and social services. Through one of these services or a combination, an individual may be able to live a normal life once again. If you have been injured at work and suffer from a disability that impacts your ability to make a living or enjoy life to the fullest, our firm is here to help. When engaging with rehabilitation services, it is important to have legal support to protect your rights and ensure that you are receiving the care you deserve. To schedule a consultation, contact The Law Offices of George Poulos.
What is rehabilitation?
Rehabilitation offers services to help an individual as they recover from a work injury or illness. These services are in place to:
- Eliminate or alleviate a disability
- Assist a person on the road to a full or partial recovery
- Help a person with family obligations through the process of rehabilitation
For the most part, these services are voluntary. With counselors, social workers, and claim examiners ready to coordinate on medical and vocational services, rehabilitation is a great way to get back on track.
What type of services are offered through rehabilitation?
Individuals that participate in rehabilitation services should continue to receive the appropriate cash benefits. Generally, there are four types of services available. These include:
- Vocational rehabilitation: Provides guidance to help individuals determine the best way to return to work in an alternative position or occupation.
- Medical rehabilitation: Provides a means to restore a person’s body to maximum functionality.
- Selective placement: For those who are permanently disabled, selective placement provides an opportunity to find a job that fits their ability.
- Social services: Provides the financial support and other means of support with family obligations that get in the way of rehabilitation.
Contact an experienced workers’ compensation attorney
Rehabilitation is one of the most powerful aspects of workers’ compensation. Through various services, you may be able to get back to work and make a living again. If you need our legal support, contact The Law Offices of George Poulos for a consultation.