If you have been injured in an accident due to the negligence of another party, you may be unsure of what to do first. There’s a good chance that you are worried about the high cost of unexpected medical bills and missing time from work (and therefore a loss in wages) due to your injuries. At this point, it may be a good idea to contact an experienced personal injury attorney who can assess your situation and inform you of whether you may be entitled to recovering damages. At your initial consultation with your attorney, it is important that you bring the information that can help assess your case. Some of the documents you may want to bring include:
- Copies of your medical reports, including the diagnosis, treatment, and potential for recovery
- Receipts of all expenditures related to your injuries, including prescriptions, property repairs, and all medical bills
- Any outstanding unpaid bills related to the injuries
- Police reports from the accident if there are any
- Insurance details for both yourself and the other party who was involved
- Photographs of your injuries at the time they occurred
- Photographs of the scene of the accident
You should also be sure to bring the contact information of your doctors, witnesses to the accident, and insurance company representatives. If you have questions about your first meeting, contact us today.
The Law Offices of George Poulos is an experienced Workers’ Compensation, personal injury, and Social Security Disability law firm with offices in Queens and the Bronx. If you require strong legal representation, contact our firm today to schedule a free consultation.