When an individual is injured due to the negligence of another party, they may want to consider their legal options. In order to pursue a successful personal injury case, one of the key factors is to collect as much evidence as possible to help your attorney put together the best case possible on your behalf. There are a number of different ways that a person can collect evidence in order to successfully prove their case.
- Take photos or videos of the conditions that caused your accident before you leave the scene of the accidents, if possible.
- Make sure you notify the owner of the property of your accident
- Collect any information of people who witnessed the accident so you can refer back to them if necessary
- If the hazard took place due to negligence related to snow or ice, collect weather reports from the date that the accident occurred
- If the accident happened in a public place, sit may be a good idea to obtain any available security camera footage
Of course, there are situations in which the injured party is incapacitated and cannot collect evidence at that time. An experienced personal injury attorney may be able to discuss your options and help you collect evidence for your case.
The Law Offices of George Poulos is an experienced Workers’ Compensation, personal injury, and Social Security Disability law firm with offices in Queens and the Bronx. If you require strong legal representation, contact our firm today to schedule a free consultation.