Did you or a loved one sustain injuries in a motorcycle accident caused by a negligent party? If you would like to seek compensation for yourself or your loved one, please read on, then contact an experienced car accident lawyer in Queens to learn what you should know about motorcycle accidents in New York.
How common are motorcycle accidents in New York?
You may or may not be surprised to learn this, but in the Empire State, the average number of motorcycle accidents per year is 4,673. In an average year, anywhere between 4,798 and 5,251 people will die nationally from motorcycle accidents. In New York State alone, an average of 166 motorcyclists die on the state’s roads each and every year. No matter what precautions you may take, you will always remain at risk of injury due to another driver’s negligence.
What types of injuries can be sustained in motorcycle accidents in New York?
The list of potential injuries resulting from a motorcycle accident is long and varied. However, the most common injuries are as follows:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Lower-extremity injuries
- Internal injuries
- Road rash
- Wrongful death
If you or a loved one sustained any of the above-listed afflictions, you should reach out to one of our skilled Queens personal injury attorneys to discuss your next steps.
How can a Queens County personal injury attorney help you?
In order to receive damages for injuries resulting from your motorcycle accident, you and a qualified legal professional will need to collect, compile and present evidence that the other parties are more than 50 percent responsible for the underlying accident. To that end, you and/or your representative should obtain the following:
- Pictures of any damage to your vehicle or the other motorist’s vehicle, as well as of any property that was damaged in the accident
- A written statement regarding the sequence of events leading up to your accident, as well as a written report of anything that happened during or after the accident
- All medical documentation and/or bills associated with your injuries
- Your insurance information
- Any correspondence you may have had with the negligent motorist or their insurance company
- A copy of the police report filed at the scene of your accident
- Eyewitness contact information
- Any other information that you believe may be useful in proving your claim
Our firm will help protect your rights in addition to fighting for the compensation you deserve. This process will not be easy, so please give us a call today.
Contact our Firm
The Law Offices of George Poulos is an experienced Workers’ Compensation, personal injury, bankruptcy, and Social Security Disability law firm with offices in Queens and the Bronx. We understand the implications of a serious accident, which is why we take pride in tenaciously representing our clients. If you require strong legal representation, contact our firm today to schedule a free consultation.