It is important to understand the common causes of car accidents so that you can be more cautious on the road. Unfortunately, car accidents can result in severe physical, emotional, and financial hardships. If you were injured in a car accident, do not hesitate to contact our experienced New York personal injury attorneys today to discuss your options.
What are the 5 most common causes of car accidents in New York?
There are several causes of car accidents in New York. The 5 most common causes are as follows:
- Speeding while driving: Many fatal car accidents are a result of speeding. However, in many cases, crashes could be avoided completely if people abided by the speed limit. Speeding makes it almost impossible for a driver to maintain control over their vehicle. In order to ensure you are driving safely, be conscious of the speed limit at all times.
- Texting while driving: Technology has become a part of everyday life. As a result, people have been more dependant and addicted to their mobile devices and technology recently. Using your phone while driving can result in extreme life-threatening outcomes.
- Drinking and driving: One of the biggest causes of car accidents each day is alcohol. A person’s ability to carefully drive their car falls drastically after they’ve had alcohol. for both legal and safety reasons, drinking and driving is not the answer.
- Distractions while driving: Messing around with the center console of your car to alter settings or to switch the radio channel can make you take your eyes off of the road. These disruptions can have harmful results. Be sure to keep both hands on the wheel, your eyes on the road, and limit as many distractions as possible when driving your car.
- Weather conditions: When the weather is bad, the chances of getting into an accident dramatically increase. Rain, snow, and ice can cause the roads to be slippery, which can result in the possibility of losing control of your vehicle. Be an alert driver when the weather is bad, and if you are able to, stay off the roads.
Can I file a personal injury claim after a car accident in New Jersey?
If you were injured in a car accident due to another driver’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact our experienced personal injury firm at the Law Offices of George Poulos to get started on your claim today.
It is also important to note that in New Jersey, all personal injury claims must be filed within two years from the date of the accident. If you would like to pursue legal action for your car accident, you must do so immediately. Contact us today to ensure you are promptly filing your claim.
Contact our Firm
The Law Offices of George Poulos is an experienced Workers’ Compensation, personal injury, bankruptcy, and Social Security Disability law firm with offices in Queens and the Bronx. We understand the implications of a serious accident, which is why we take pride in tenaciously representing our clients. If you require strong legal representation, contact our firm today to schedule a free consultation.