Parking lot accidents can result in severe life-altering physical, emotional, and financial burdens. If you were hurt in one, it is in your best interest to reach out to our skilled Queens personal injury attorneys today. Our legal team is on your side and is committed to ensuring you obtain the compensation you need to heal.
What are the causes of parking lot accidents in New York?
There are a number of different reasons that parking lot accidents can occur. However, most of them are a result of negligence. For example, in the event that a motorist does not see a pedestrian walking as they are backing out of their parking space, they may hit them. Also, parking lot accidents can be caused by negligent property owners. Like all other property owners, parking lot owners have a responsibility to ensure that their premises are made safe for those who enter them. There are a number of different types of risks that can happen in parking lots, including the following:
- Poor lighting
- Potholes, uneven or cracked surfaces
- Snow, ice, or standing water left unattended
- Inadequate security
- Loose debris
The listed hazards are just a few of the many different causes of negligence. If you were injured as a result of a property owner’s failure to get rid of these dangers, you may be entitled to financial compensation.
What steps should I take after a parking lot accident in New York?
If you would like to pursue legal action after your parking lot accident, it is critical that you gather evidence from your accident that points to the parking lot owner’s negligence. Be sure to take the following steps after your accident, if you are able:
- Call 911 – The police can file a report and send an ambulance to the scene.
- Take plenty of photos and videos of the hazardous conditions and of your injuries.
- Gather contact information from any witnesses to the accident. They may be able to supply more helpful information later on in your legal claim.
- Seek medical attention to make sure that your injuries have been properly treated. Also, ask your doctor for medical documentation that summarizes the origin and severity of your injuries.
- Finally, retain the services of one of our experienced Queens slip & fall accident attorneys that can obtain additional evidence that can be key to your personal injury claim, like security camera footage.
Contact our Firm
The Law Offices of George Poulos is an experienced Workers’ Compensation, personal injury, bankruptcy, and Social Security Disability law firm with offices in Queens and the Bronx. We understand the implications of a serious accident, which is why we take pride in tenaciously representing our clients. If you require strong legal representation, contact our firm today to schedule a free consultation.