When a personal injury accident occurs, it often results in serious physical, emotional, and financial damages. It is because of this that victims tend to pursue legal action in order to recover compensation to cover the costs of these burdens. In doing so, it is important to retain the services of an experienced New York personal injury attorney for assistance.
What Should I Bring to the Meeting?
After contacting a personal injury attorney, the first step is attending an initial consultation. It is important to be prepared for this meeting with the necessary documentation that allows the attorney to get a full understanding of your case. This can include the following:
- A written description of how the accident and your injuries occurred.
- A copy of the police report from the accident.
- The names and contact information of any witnesses to be used for testimony.
- Your medical records to prove your injuries.
- Receipts of any expenses related to the injuries, including any out-of-pocket expenses for treatment and in-home care.
- Photos or videos of the accident and your injuries
- Your insurance information, including health, automobile, renter, or homeowner policies.
- Any contact with the other party or their insurance company, including letters, emails, phone calls, etc.
- Any questions for the attorney regarding your case
What Questions Will I Be Asked?
Part of providing your attorney with a full outline of your case is answering any questions they may have. These questions can pertain to your life and the accident. Questions that you may be asked during this time can include the following:
- What injuries do you have? How are you feeling?
- Have you seen a doctor? What was the prognosis?
- Did you talk to any other lawyers or insurance representatives?
- What medical and automobile insurance coverage do you have?
- Did you give a statement about the accident to your insurance company?
- Where are you employed/what do you do? How long have you worked there?
- Have you ever been in an accident before?
Contact our Firm
The Law Offices of George Poulos is an experienced Workers’ Compensation, personal injury, bankruptcy, and Social Security Disability law firm with offices in Queens and the Bronx. We understand the implications of a serious accident, which is why we take pride in tenaciously representing our clients. If you require strong legal representation, contact our firm today to schedule a free consultation.