Car accidents can result in serious injury. If you are injured due to another party’s negligence, you may be entitled to recover compensation for the burdens you face as a result of the accident. But, in order to recover the compensation you deserve, you will have to prove that this negligence occurred. Read on to learn more about how car accident reconstruction can help you do so after a car accident in New York.
What is Accident Reconstruction?
Car accident reconstruction involves an expert examining the case in order to rebuild the accident. This is done in order to determine how it happened and the events leading up to it. The methods that are used to figure out this information can include:
- Visiting the scene of the accident
- Inspecting the damage done to all vehicles
- Reviewing any medical records of injured parties
- Studying the police report
- Examining pictures/videos of the accident/scene
- Interviewing witnesses
- Studying debris, point of impact, skid marks, etc
Who Could Need an Accident Reconstruction?
Not all car accident cases require reconstruction to prove liability. While this is true, there are many situations where the injured party can benefit from using it. This includes those who are facing the following circumstances:
- They do not remember how the accident happened
- There are few or no witnesses
- The vehicles are totaled and cannot be repaired
- It is complicated to prove liability
- Victims suffered severe injuries or died
- Pieces of important evidence are missing
How Can Accident Reconstruction Help a Case?
When car accident reconstruction is used to determine fault, a variety of factors that could have caused the accident can be brought to light. This can include the following:
- The vehicle speeds and movements
- The crash scene physics
- The accident sequence of events
- The vehicle positions
- The magnitude of impact
- If those involved were wearing seat belts
- If visibility was an issue and why
- If vehicle lights were used
- Steering angles
- If brakes were used leading up to the crash
- If a vehicle accelerated before collision
- If engine indicator lights went on
- If cruise control was engaged
If you have been injured in a car accident in New York, you will need an experienced attorney on your side. Our firm is here to advocate for you and walk you through the process every step of the way. Reach out today to discuss your case.
Contact our Firm
The Law Offices of George Poulos is an experienced Workers’ Compensation, personal injury, bankruptcy, and Social Security Disability law firm with offices in Queens and the Bronx. We understand the implications of a serious accident, which is why we take pride in tenaciously representing our clients. If you require strong legal representation, contact our firm today to schedule a free consultation.