Hotel accidents are serious. If you were injured in one, reach out to our experienced Queens slip and fall accident attorneys today. Our legal team’s mission is to help you obtain the compensation you need to heal.
What are the common causes of hotel accidents in New York?
Hotels provide several different services to their visitors outside of just a place to sleep. In some cases, hotels have a pool, gym, spa, restaurants, bars, and more. In the event that any of these amenities are not properly taken care of, and a visitor is hurt as a result, the hotel manager and staff members can be held accountable for negligence. Some of the most familiar hotel accidents include the following:
- Food poisoning
- Hot tub accidents
- Escalator accidents
- Elevator accidents
- Gym equipment accidents
- Unsanitary conditions, such as bed bugs
- Parking lot/garage accidents
- Inadequate security
- Swimming pool accidents
Can I pursue legal action after a hotel accident?
In New York, property owners are liable for the safety of their premises. This means that when it comes to hotels, staff and managers must take the appropriate steps to ensure that guests are protected from any hazards that can cause injury. A hotel’s staff should make routine checks of the premises for any dangers and quickly acknowledge and fix any found issues. If hotel staff fails to make these assessments and an individual is hurt as a result, the hotel could be held responsible for negligence.
You may be entitled to financial compensation if you were injured in a hotel due to the negligence of another. If you would like to pursue legal action, you will need to meet the burden of proof. This implies that you will need to supply as much evidence reinforcing your claim as possible. You can do this by taking the following steps:
- Take photos and videos of the hazardous circumstances that drove your accident to occur.
- If anyone noticed the accident happening, ask them for their phone number and/or email address. Witnesses may be able to confirm your understanding of the events later on in your claim.
- Seek medical attention to confirm that your injuries are treated by a medical professional, while also supplying you with evidence of the origin and extent of your injuries. Ask your doctor for a copy of any applicable medical documents.
- Reach out to our firm today to retain the services of one of our experienced and dedicated Queens slip and fall accident attorneys today. Our legal team can help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
Contact our Firm
The Law Offices of George Poulos is an experienced Workers’ Compensation, personal injury, bankruptcy, and Social Security Disability law firm with offices in Queens and the Bronx. We understand the implications of a serious accident, which is why we take pride in tenaciously representing our clients. If you require strong legal representation, contact our firm today to schedule a free consultation.