Car accidents can have severe consequences for those who have been injured. If you were hurt in one, you will need to retain the services of an experienced car accident lawyer in Queens to ensure that you obtain the compensation you need to heal.
What are the common causes of car accidents in New York?
A car accident can occur as a result of several different factors. In some instances, these accidents are a result of poor road conditions, inclement weather, faulty car parts, and more. But, it is important to note that most car accidents are a result of driver negligence. The most common types of driver negligence include the following:
- Driving while drowsy or fatigued
- Distracted driving
- Texting while driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driving aggressively or recklessly
- Eating or smoking while driving
- Excessively speeding
- Failing to comply with traffic lights, signs, and other rules of the road
Can I recover compensation after my injury?
If you were injured as a result of the other driver’s negligence, you may be entitled to financial compensation. Nevertheless, in order to recover compensation, you will have to show evidence pointing to that negligence. If you can, be sure to take the following steps after your accident:
- Call 911. The police will be able to dispatch an ambulance, file an accident report, perform chemical tests, and more.
- Document the scene. Take pictures and videos of your injuries and any damage done to the vehicles and other property involved.
- Obtain witness contacts. Ask for the contact information of anyone who saw your accident happening. Witness testimony can be a vital part of a personal injury claim.
- Ask the other party for their insurance information. After a car accident, it may be difficult to stay calm, however, it is essential to note that your conduct can play a part in a personal injury case. For example, if you apologize for the accident, this can be misconstrued as an acknowledgment of accountability.
- Seek medical attention. This will make certain that your injuries are adequately treated while also supplying you with evidence indicating the origin and extent of your injuries.
- Do not wait to reach out to our firm today if you were injured in a car accident as a result of another’s negligence. With a car accident lawyer in Queens, you can rest assured knowing that your rights and future will be prioritized.
Contact our Firm
The Law Offices of George Poulos is an experienced Workers’ Compensation, personal injury, and Social Security Disability law firm with offices in Queens and the Bronx. We understand the implications of a serious accident, which is why we take pride in tenaciously representing our clients. If you require strong legal representation, contact our firm today to schedule a free consultation.