Airport accidents can cause severe injury and burdens. If you were hurt in one, it is in your best interest to reach out to one of our experienced New York personal injury attorneys to learn more about your options.
What are the different types of airport accidents in New York?
There are a number of different types of airport accidents in New York. Because there are so many amenities involved in an airport, such as lounges, restaurants, bars, stores, and more, it is essential that there are diligent staff members available to ensure that no one is at risk of injury. However, accidents can still happen, which is why you will need a skilled personal injury attorney on your side if you have been hurt in an airport. The most frequent types of airport accidents our firm has seen include:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Negligent security
- Poor lighting
- Construction work accidents
- Hotel accidents
- Restaurant accidents
- Dangerous sidewalks and parking garages
What steps should I take if I have been injured in an airport?
If you were injured in an airport due to another’s negligence, you may have a valid premises liability claim. If possible, it is imperative that you take the following steps directly after your airport injury. These steps include:
- Call the authorities. The police will send an ambulance to the scene and file a police report.
- Take photos and videos of the hazardous conditions that caused your accident.
- Collect contact information from any witness to the accident. These witnesses may be able to support your translation of the events.
- Seek medical treatment to ensure your injuries are properly treated. Ask your doctor to provide you with medical documentation pointing to the origin and severity of your injuries.
- Retain the services of an experienced personal injury attorney that can help you navigate through the claims process and aid in recovering further proof of negligence.
How long do I have to file my personal injury claim in New York?
In New York, there is a three-year statute of limitations imposed for most personal injury claims. This suggests that if you do not file your airport accident claim within three years from the date of your injury, you risk missing the chance to recover the compensation that you deserve.
Reach out to our firm today to speak with an experienced New York personal injury attorney. Our legal team is dedicated to ensuring that you are promptly filing your claim.
Contact our Firm
The Law Offices of George Poulos is an experienced Workers’ Compensation, personal injury, and Social Security Disability law firm with offices in Queens and the Bronx. We understand the implications of a serious accident, which is why we take pride in tenaciously representing our clients. If you require strong legal representation, contact our firm today to schedule a free consultation.