It is important for you to listen to your doctor’s advice for a number of different reasons. Continue reading and reach out to our experienced Queens personal injury attorneys to learn more.
There are a number of reasons why you should follow your doctor’s instructions and medical advice. These reasons include the following:
- Avoid Complications: Doctors supply you with guidance deliberately, whether it’s to improve mobility in a wounded limb, wash surgical wounds, or dressings to prevent infections. These instructions can be essential to avoid complications that could have extensive physical and financial outcomes. They may also help assure that seemingly minor injuries do not develop into something more serious.
- Qualified Experts: Doctors are highly educated, specially-trained professionals who perform important jobs treating injured and sick individuals. These medical experts have the comprehensive knowledge to understand what’s best for treating your injuries.
- Allow for Adjustments: By following your doctor’s instructions and reporting back during follow-ups, you can supply your doctor with wisdom into what is and is not working. Based on your feedback, doctors can tailor your treatment plans, adjust medications, or explore other options and treatment alternatives.
- Improve Long-term Outcomes & Function: Following your doctors’ instructions, including any instructions provided by rehabilitation experts, can be especially important to enhance long-term outcomes. Even though every injury and situation is different, patients who forget to obey recommendations post-injury may not undergo the same recovery as those who did. This can involve improvements in everyday function.
- Documenting Records: The source of documentation, doctor’s notes, and medical records capture data about your health, recovery, treatment plan, and any recurrent or new issues that may arise. These records provide an important concept of the consequences of your accident, are much more reliable and verifiable than a person’s word, and can be used to support an injury claim if one is filed.
- Fight Insurance Company Tactics: Talking to your doctor and staying consistent with your treatment, rehabilitation, and follow-up visits is the most practical way to recover from the injuries you endured. It is also beneficial to prevent or mitigate many of the standard arguments insurance carriers will raise in their efforts to compensate victims as little as possible. If victims don’t seek prompt treatment or regular follow-up after an accident, insurance companies will usually claim they were never actually injured, that their injuries were not very bad, or that their injuries were not generated by the accident.
Contact our Firm
The Law Offices of George Poulos is an experienced Workers’ Compensation, personal injury, and Social Security Disability law firm with offices in Queens and the Bronx. We understand the implications of a serious accident, which is why we take pride in tenaciously representing our clients. If you require strong legal representation, contact our firm today to schedule a free consultation.